shift uplift - 15% early, 25% evening
Atlas Recruitment Group
My client is a company who specialise in the repair and rework of the ships. The team are welcoming, diverse and have a strong work ethic. They strive to deliver excellent levels of quality with a good "Right First Time" mentality. My client currently has a vacancy for an Electrical Fitter at their site in Portsmouth.
This role will provide you with opportunity to work as part of team across a wide variety of vessels.
The range of tasks cover all aspects of Electrical fitting and as such your day-to-day work will be varied, challenging and rewarding You may have the opportunity in the future to move into management planning.
Your main responsibilities as an Electrical Fitter will involve:
* Reading/Interpreting Electrical Drawings, MDS and Guidance information.
* Carrying out Electrical Testing on 12v, 24v and 240v systems.
* Executing various crimping techniques.
* Terminating multiple types of cable.
* Carrying out electrical installation, maintenance and defect rectification in accordance with the project schedules to meet customer quality expectations.
* Installation, testing and maintenance of communications equipment such as VHF radios, Intercom, GPS and AIS
* Fault diagnosis and defect rectification
* Carrying out detailed inspections and be fully conversant in the use of all measuring equipment's
* Using of calibrating measurement equipment.
Desired skills and qualifications for the Electrical Fitter:
* Have completed an appropriate trade apprenticeship or naval equivalent qualifications.
* Must have marine experience
* Good understanding of safe systems of work including electrical work, confined spaces, working at height
* Must have a deep understanding of electrical work and be able to carry out various techniques used in a ship repair and support industry
* Candidates must be flexible to undertake tasks across any trade disciplines as required
* Must be prepared to work in a team to provide high quality service to meet the customer expectations
* Knowledge of mechanical systems and associated equipment is required
* RJ45 and Data skills. Fibre Optic qualification
What we're looking for in you:
You should have the ability to work as part of an integral team as well as work independently. You will possess excellent communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to use electronic devices.
Competitive base + bonus, flexible working, regular overtime and shift uplift available;
Shift uplift: Early shift (6am - 14:00) 15% uplift and if you work a backshift (14:00 - 22:00) 25% uplift.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
All successful candidates will be contacted within two working days of application.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.