Not logged in to Jobsinhampshire.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Shift uplift (15%-25%), overtime, bonus
Atlas Recruitment Group
Atlas Recruitment Group is currently recruiting for a Laminator on behalf of our industry leading client
As a Laminator you will work within the operations department, working on-board Naval Ships for repair and manufacture. You will safely and professionally deliver planned and reactive maintenance on a variety of equipment within my clients Naval Fleet.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be able to develop and progress within the wider team and work towards a Team Leader role.
Your main responsibilities as a Laminator will involve:
* Laminating competency to be measured at a minimum of 60% skilled against MS_ Lam competencies.
* Carry out a Trade specific 'Take 5 plus 5' dynamic risk assessment before every task.
* Abide by all H&S requirements
* Ensure all tools and equipment that are used are suitable, fit for purpose and in date for any inspection required.
* Report all accidents, incidents and near misses via the appropriate reporting tool
* Use take 5 card process and report any near misses
Your skills and qualifications as a Laminator
* Experienced in Composite Materials/techniques.
* Experienced in Wet lay-up Materials/techniques.
* Experienced in Hull and Deck repairs.
* Experienced in GRP Hand Lay up using different cloths.
* Experienced in using Polyester and epoxy resins.
* Experienced in Grinders, Sanders and Diamond cutting equipment.
Overview of the Laminator
You will be a proactive individual, willing to learn new skills at every opportunity. You will demonstrate your willingness to do so through your excellent interpersonal and communication skills while interacting with customers, management, stakeholders and other staff members. Further-more you will be self-motivated as part of a multi-disciplined team, allowing you to deliver effectively against tight schedules.
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base
Salary: Competitive +
* Shift uplift: Early shift (6am - 14:00) 15% uplift and a Backshift (14:00 - 22:00) is a 25% uplift (this is at employees discretion, standard days are available)
* £1400 extra to be paid annually
* Overtime (Overtime it is paid at time and a third Monday - Saturday time and a third, Sunday is paid at time and two thirds).
* Business related bonus
* Flexible working
If you are interested in this role, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
All successful candidates will be contacted within two working days of application
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.