We have a brand new opportunity for a Family Legal Secretary looking for a new start for 2019 with one of Kents Award Winning Law Firms.
To assist and support a busy Solicitor with secretarial and administrative duties.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
• Audio and copy typing all correspondence to include letters, legal forms and quotes;
• Answering the telephone in a polite and efficient manner;
• Providing clients with updates;
• Using the firm’s integrated case management system (Proclaim), for the effective processing, delivery and storage of information;
• Carrying out administrative duties such as photocopying and updating client details;
• Filing correspondence and ensuring files are kept up to date;
• Arranging appointments and dealing with clients;
• Working as part of a team with other secretaries and assistants, and helping other teams with administrative tasks and telephone cover when required; and
• Ensuring the confidentiality and security of the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information and compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations at all times.
A successful applicant would need to demonstrate the following attributes:
• Previous experience of working as a legal secretary in a busy family department;
• Excellent technical skills which include a fast and accurate typing speed (a legal secretarial qualification is desirable);
• Excellent communication skills and ability to adhere to the excellent client care standards set by the firm;
• Friendly, approachable and enthusiastic;
• Professional and confident telephone manner;
• Detailed and accurate in written and verbal communication;
• Excellent people skills and ability to project a positive image for the firm;
• Organised and able to prioritise, working on multiple tasks at one time, ensuring deadlines are met; and
• IT competency