Our client, a family run Mechanical and Electrical Building Services Contractors are seeking a M&E Design/Technical Manager to complement their team - based from Sittingbourne, Kent.
The successful M&E Design/Technical Manager candidate will support the company Design Coordinators and Design Managers, alongside the Operational/Commercial Team in overseeing the: design, delivery and approval for works for the M&E installations. Alongside this, the successful candidate will also manage the mechanical and electrical consultants in the undertaking of their duties, and will be required to assist in the management of any relevant sub-contractors when deemed necessary.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* To support the head of design in formal appointment of design consultants, ensuring design responsibilities are clearly defined and fully aligned with project objectives;
* To work closely with the subcontract design team to deliver project information in accordance with employer requirements and programme;
* Assist and monitor, co-ordinate and control the flow of M&E design information to ensure the timely release of information for construction activities;
* review M&E design information at tender and undertake a full design gap analysis to advise the bidding team of any design non-compliance, risks and potential opportunities;
* when required, assist in the selection and appointment of the M&E consultant designers and design and build sub-contractors;
* ensure M&E designs and details produced are financially viable and do not exceed budgeted or estimated cost without substantiated reason, and are in alignment with the specified or detailed requirements for quality.
* experience as an M&E Design Manager/Building Services Manager and of: managing, coaching and mentoring a team;
* possess experience of building services design through all stages from concept to co-ordinated installation drawings, technical submissions and O&M's;
* experience of design and build contracts with specific knowledge of high rise residential buildings;
* working knowledge of CDM Regulations and expert knowledge of CIBSE guides, Building Regulations, Building Bulletins and Health Technical Memorandums;
* BREEAM - Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method;
Working Hours: 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
Salary: £70,000 /annum - £85,000 /annum, dependent on experience.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975. Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all. Twitter: @nagforjobs