TITLE: Shipping Clerk/Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
To perform admin and co-ordination duties required for the daily shipping function of the Operation & Sales Support Department, including liaising with customers, suppliers and freight forwarders, processing of shipping data, entry & maintenance.
To perform a diverse range of office administration support and reception duties. Provide support for the Barcelona Marketing Team assisting with Trade Show Exhibition preparation, shipping and return of exhibition samples.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Shipping Clerk warehouse coordinator
Assists in the coordination of the complete order process from receipt through shipment and tracking, including but not limited to:
1. Review on a regular basis sales order items due for delivery, creating outbound deliveries and working with production to facilitate the shipment of goods.
2. Coordinate with the Planner to ship goods direct from our German subcontractor.
3. Coordinate with purchasing team and material handlers to process goods accurately in line with production planning or customer orders.
4. Ensuring document and drawing packs are available prior to goods receiving and inspection.
5. Create and maintain the flow of designated areas to uphold a one touch process where possible. To create lean processes and flow to improve productivity.
6. To support and improve On time delivery reporting to Production Manager.
7. Make all necessary arrangements for the transport of outbound deliveries, request freight costs, pick & pack shipments and update outbound deliveries.
8. Creation of correct shipping documents liaising with the chamber of commerce for EU and worldwide shipping to comply with legal customs regulations.
9. Support the planner with production administration, including data input into SAP. Support the shipment details and commodity codes where needed.
10. Support our Quality RMA process by organising customer returns.
11. To participate in any Lean manufacturing projects and continuous improvement actions rolled out by the company.
12. Performs other duties and work on special projects as required or assigned by the Production Manager.
1. Receive and re-direct all incoming calls in conjunction with preforming shipping duties.
2. Provide clerical support to the Planner as directed by the Production Manager.
3. Receive and distribute incoming mail; Collate and Stamp outgoing mail.
4. Support Marketing Team in EMEA Headquarters in Barcelona with Exhibition materials: preparation & shipping and return of exhibition samples.
5. Assist the purchasing team in the replenishment of office supplies and company consumables.
1. A minimum of two years’ experience in a Shipping role.
2. Knowledge of Inco-terms and commodity codes essential.
3. Verbal and written fluency in English. Additional EU languages desirable
4. Must have excellent oral, written and administration skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
5. Must be detail-oriented and have excellent customer service, organizational and follow-up skills.
6. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office including word and Excel,
7. Good Knowledge and experience of SAP or similar ERP system required.
8. Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
9. Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to complete assignments within time frames dictated by the business.
10. Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
To apply please click the apply online button