Property Management Accounts and Maintenance Controller
Based from Hamstreet office, nr Ashford, Kent TN26 2JW.
Nature of Business
Angela Hirst Surveyors and Valuers Ltd offer Residential Sales and Lettings, Rural and Commercial Surveying & Planning Services, Commercial Sales and Commercial & Residential Property Management through the divisions: Angela Hirst Chartered Surveyors and Hirst Commercial.
Hours of Work for 40 Week Contract
The basic hours are from 9.00am to 5.30pm with half an hour for lunch – Five days a week.
20 days annual paid leave per annum and bank Holidays
Remuneration will be by salary, deductions will be taken and salary paid monthly in arrears directly into a bank account. Salary scale dependent on experience, £18,000 - £20,000 per annum.
This role will not require business travel on a daily basis. When business travel is required, use of your privately owned vehicle will be required with the correct level of business use insurance shown to our company administrator.
Remuneration against business mileage will be paid monthly. We would require the vehicle to be in reasonable condition with monthly car inspection forms completed.
Smart professional blouse / shirt with business suit. If female, skirt no shorter than the knee and conservative scarf. Gentlemen conservative tie must also be worn.
Reasonable expenses may be reclaimed from petty cash with receipts.
Office provides, toilet and kitchen facilities including provision for hot and cold drinks.
Health & Safety At Work
Offices are of a simple nature and risks are low. Fire procedures are displayed in each office.
Rest rooms has first aid kit, which are regularly checked to ensure completeness. You must ensure that the Health & Safety Policy, Lone Worker, Driver and Out Person policies are made familiar to yourself where required.
Working directly for company directors and dealing with the following key areas:
• Meet and assist with general publics enquires when they enter the office.
• To produce typed documents using Microsoft Word and Rents computer programs.
• To take maintenance issue reports from Tenants and to arrange contractors to attend, within Landlords’ set parameters. Communicate with
Clients and take their instructions.
• Update and monitor the RENTS program.
• Arrange and monitor gas certificates for compliance.
• Input data to Expert Agent and Rents management programs.
• Have a full understanding of the Rents accounts program.
• Prepare and process transfers of payments to Landlords and Contractors
• Maintain Client Property Management Account and Client Deposit Account with reconciliations
• Overseas Landlord Taxation
• To answer the telephone and deal with enquiries, pass message to others where required.
• In addition to the duties listed which this job normally entails, the Employee may from time to time, be required to undertake such additional
duties as are necessary to meet the needs of the Employer’s business
In House training will be given on specific computer programs but accounts knowledge would be advantageous, typing and computer skills are essential for this role.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS - COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Data controller: Angela Hirst Chartered Surveyors (GDPR)
As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Please ask for copy of the full document before applying in writing.
Reporting to: Giles Hirst
Liaising with: All Staff
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please forward completed application form together with your CV to Mr G Hirst at the following address:-
Angela Hirst Chartered Surveyors, The Estate Office, Warehorne Road, Hamstreet, Ashford, Kent. TN26 2JW
Email: using the apply online button
Interviews will be held at the Hamstreet Office outside of working hours.