Assistant Accountant | Outskirts of Canterbury | Temp to Perm £22 - £25k
A modern, innovative company based on the outskirts of Canterbury has an urgent requirement for an organised Accounts Assistant who has the ability to take initiative, to join them immediately on a temp to perm basis.
The purpose of the role is to maintain the financial records of the business and assist the Financial Controller in providing a complete, timely and accurate financial reporting function to Senior Management and the Board.
• Ensure all bank accounts reconciled daily, including allocation of customer receipts/supplier payments to source documentation and all other matched to approved documentation, ensuring to post any bank fees and adjustments in a timely manner
• Managing the Purchase Ledger; maintaining the accounts, entering invoices, resolving queries, taking calls, processing expenses and credit card claims, producing payment runs
• Bank Reconciliation; ideally on a weekly basis, ensuring all transactions are posted and the balances match
• Ensure all customer credits are processed within agreed timeline and approved in line with policy
• Assist in the preparation of; monthly EC Sales, monthly Intrastats and quarterly VAT returns; providing documentation, collating data
• To undertake monthly reviews of all purchase orders
• To ensure that new supplier and customer requests are set up in a timely manner
• Accruals and Prepayments; posting journals, maintaining trackers
• To assist the Assistant Financial Controller in operating and improving internal controls within the finance function
• Ensure compliance with Internal Audit controls
• Ensure customer (DSO) and supplier (DPO) KPIs in line with budget/forecast
• Produce reports on Debtors and Creditors; chase aged debtors, review accounts, tidy, producing statements