Holmbury Ltd, a global provider of hydraulic quick release couplings and valves, is seeking to appoint an experienced Internal Technical Sales Administrator to fill a varied, full time role within our business. The role will include providing first point of contact for incoming technical sales inquiries, assisting members of the external sales team with administrative tasks, and to provide professional customer service to our extensive customer base.
Previous business experience, ideally gained in Internal Technical Sales of Hydraulic Components, together with an engineering background would be advantageous, but not essential. Full training on products and applications will be provided. A full UK driving licence would also be beneficial. A great opportunity and challenge for someone to join a successful UK engineering firm, and work within our busy sales office. The role will be based on a six month probationary period.
The successful applicant will ideally:-
• Have previous experience in an engineering environment (Ideally hydraulic), or at least be able to demonstrate a strong interest in engineering
• Have great organisation and time management skills to ensure tasks are completed in a timely fashion
• Have the ability to effectively prioritise a changing workload and tasks of varying urgencies to meet deadlines
• Have high levels of customer service both in person and via telephone or email communication
• Be proficient at handling incoming calls to sales office and resolving queries
• Be able to communicate effectively, using a range of methods, with other members of staff and customers
• Show that they are a self-motivated and driven individual who can excel under pressure.
• Engage with others when working in a team to achieve a common goal
• Be IT literate (Word / Excel & Outlook), and have experience with sales / stock based computer programs e.g. SAP
• Be willing to learn about current and new products
• Any previous experience with CAD software would be highly desirable
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Commercial awareness
• Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships
• Excellent standard of numeracy in order to analyse facts and figures
• Negotiation and networking
• Ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
• Confident and mature approach
• Tact and diplomacy