This is a permanent, full time post based at Tyland Barn, Maidstone but with extensive travel throughout Kent.
Kent Wildlife Trust is the leading wildlife charity for Kent and Medway, supported by its members and staffed by committed professionals. Nature is in trouble and it needs our help. Kent Wildlife Trust has a plan to aid nature’s recovery and we encourage people to join us to make a difference.
Kent Wildlife Enterprise is the Trading Company of Kent Wildlife Trust. Over the course of the current strategic plan, the ambition is for Kent Wildlife Enterprises to generate significantly more commercial income to support our conservation plans.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, entrepreneurial and experienced charity retail operator to help the Trading Company deliver one element of the Commercial Strategic plan, Kent’s first Wildlife charity shop operation. We have ambitious plans over the next five years to build a portfolio of charity shops across Kent; the Retail Area Manager will lead in the delivery of these plans. The Trust is planning on opening at least two charity shops over the next 12 months.
• Charity Retail Development - Identify locations suitable for the roll out of the Trust’s retail charity shop offer. Once located ensure that the shops are set up and fit for trading in a timely manner.
• Charity Retail Operations - Ensure that income and expenditure targets are achieved, and deliver standard operating procedures and policies regarding charity and general retail, including responsibility for the Health and Safety file.
• Charity Retail Customer service - Recruit, train, develop and coach the shop management team and take the lead in developing the volunteers that will make a real difference to the operation. Ensure that your team is delivering excellence in customer service.
• Charity Retail Opportunities - Take an entrepreneurial approach to retailing looking at online opportunities as well as helping to develop a branded product range.
• Charity Retail Marketing - Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to promote the retail offer on a local level.
This is a fantastic role to shape the future of Kent Wildlife Trust’s charity shops. You will have the autonomy, and the support, to deliver a profitable retail offer that also allows us to engage with a new audience regarding the work of the Trust throughout Kent. Your reward will be an excellent starting salary as well as an opportunity to earn performance related pay linked to the performance of your charity shops.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Joe Gluck, Head of Commercial Services via email on [email protected] or by phone on 01622 662012.
To apply, please visit our website at www.kentwildlifetrust.org.uk to download an application pack. Applicants should read the Guidance Notes carefully before completing the Applicant Information Form supported by cover note and CV.
Closing Date: Friday 3 January 2020
Interview Date: Tuesday 14 January 2020
Kent Wildlife Trust has a positive approach to equality and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.