We are recruiting a Support Worker to join a small, friendly team that strive to provide the highest standard of service and support to residents living within the almshouse community. We are based in the centre of Maidstone and offer a competitive salary, five weeks annual leave (plus bank holiday entitlement), a contributory pension scheme and access to training.
As a Support Worker, you will ensure a consistently high standard of service is provided to all residents, spending much of your time visiting them in their homes to ensure that they are managing well and that their welfare needs are met.
You will facilitate a range of social activities (including outings) and encourage participation with a view to strengthening the community and combating loneliness and isolation. You will be expected to clean community rooms and ensure that they are well presented at all times.
You will also play a key role in ensuring the almshouses and grounds are well maintained and safe, reporting defects and faults in a timely manner.
To fulfil the role, you will need:
• excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
• an understanding of the issues that affect older people
• to maintain boundaries of confidentiality and professionalism
• a flexible, 'can do' attitude, ability to work independently and as part of a team
• to be committed to learning and continuous improvement
• be IT literate
The Support Worker will work three, six-hour shifts per week (Monday to Friday) between 9:30am and 3:30pm (18 hours).
Due to the nature of the work involved you must:
• be capable of walking between town centre sites and undertaking practical, physical tasks
• hold a current, clean driving license and have access to a car with business use insurance
• be prepared to work occasional evening shifts
This is a position of trust and so the post is subject to a DBS check.
The closing date for applications is 10am Monday 16 December 2019 with interviews taking place on 19 December 2020.
To apply contact David Bromley on 07831 696869 between 9am and 5pm (Monday to Friday).