Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 /year
My client is recruiting a Financial Controller that will continually focus on rate management, strategy and development of fantastic customer service.
Purpose of the role
Driving the Finance Strategy to ensure the maximisation of revenue and minimising costs, our Financial Controller will provide leadership and encouragement to the hotel team in order to meet and exceed guest expectations and enhance our reputation for excellence.
As a Financial Controller you will produce accurate reports including forecasting revenue, costs and profitability, P&L accounts and budget packs. You will also be responsible for monitoring the correct billing of revenues and cash control. Ensuring efficient control systems are in place for forecasting and controlling expenditure including payroll and gross margins are a key part of the role. You will also be involved in Balance Sheet reconciliations, Draft Statutory Accounts and VAT preparation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to influence the development of accounting/technical operating standards both internally and externally for a complex fast-growing organisation.
The ideal Financial Controller will have the following: -
* A strong all-round Finance capability in a leadership position
* Financial Reporting: 2 years (Required)
* Graduate calibre, qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent), you will already be a technical accounting expert operating in a hotel.
* A team player mentality
* Experience of the luxury hotel sector within finance
* The ability to communicate to director level colleagues
* The ability to manage a team efficiently and effectively
* The ability to interpret financial information and offer guidance on operational improvement
Computer skills: Must be IT literate with Sage 50 & Office 365. Hotel property management systems experience preferred.
If you are interested in this position please send an updated CV and I will be in contact.