ARC Ratings, S.A. is an international credit rating agency (CRA) based in Europe, headquartered in London and registered with the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA). Amalgamating the know-how and background of five experienced partner agencies on four continents, ARC Ratings takes advantage of its global reach, local expertise and network-based approach to best serve issuers and investors by assigning stable credit ratings that optimally identify credit risk. ARC Ratings addresses the need of global capital markets for a stronger competitive environment in the credit rating business.
ARC is currently looking for Analysts to join its fast-growing Structured Finance team based in Maidstone, Kent.
• Present to and discuss recommendations for new ratings or rating changes with a rating committee and communicate ARC’s credit opinions externally for new Structured Finance ratings as well as review and surveillance of existing ratings.
• Assume responsibility for rating Structured Finance transactions (with guidance)
• Compile loss models and cash flow models related to structured finance transactions.
• Participation in, and ideally initiate, ad-hoc sector commentaries and topical research.
• Ability to provide input to rating methodologies
• Attend meetings with client management
• Liaising and communicating ratings and rating rationale to senior management of client companies
• Interaction with issuers, investors and bankers.
• Compilation and maintenance of a peer comparison database as well as some involvement with analysis of corporate ratings
The structured finance sector includes (in whatever jurisdiction) any securitisation, any covered bond, and structured bond, any secured bond, credit linked securities, any asset backed funding vehicles/programmes, structured credit/equity, preference shares, hybrid equity, subordinated debt, structured arbitrage vehicles/programmes, project finance transactions, and any other type of structured transactions not specifically mentioned above.
• Analytical skills evidenced by experience in an analytical or similar role (an advantage)
• Previous Structured Finance experience an advantage, but not essential
• Strong quantitative skills
• Cash-flow modelling / spread sheet creation skills – High level of ability with Excel
• Good written and verbal communications skills in English
• Bachelor`s or Master`s degree would be advantageous
• Ability to communicate well with senior management
• Pro-active, self-motivated professional, who works well in a team environment, as well as on an individual basis
• Ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously and work under pressure
• Ability to prioritise and to work to deadlines
• Ability to travel across EMEA on a regular basis as required
Please send C.V.s and cover email to Alexandra Tolnai by email via the apply online button
Closing Date: 20th February 2020