Tinder Corporation Ltd is a technology services business, providing sales, consultancy and support services throughout Kent and the South East.
We are looking for a bookkeeper / accounts administrator to join our team to manage the finances of our business on a day-to-day basis.
This is a full-time role, 9:00am-5:00pm, four days per week and is based in our Chatham Maritime head office.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officers, your role will be formed of two key elements.
Firstly, you will provide a range of administrative and clerical services as required to successfully operate the financial functions of the business. This will include book-keeping and an element of management accounting.
Secondly, you will provide a range of administrative and clerical services surrounding the sales order processing (SOP) requirements of the business. This will include stock ordering, purchase order processing (POP) and goods received.
In addition to the above you will be charged with ad-hoc administrative tasks for the larger business, as needs dictate and where appropriate.
General Duties - (Finance)
• Full book-keeping activities including;
• Purchase ledger
• Nominal/general ledger
• Sales ledger
• Cash management.
• VAT processing.
• Bank reconciliation including credit cards.
• Credit control.
• Management accountant activities including;
• Production of monthly management accounts (PNL, BS, CFF)
• Production of ad-hoc/sporadic management information
General Duties - (SOP/POP)
• Quality control of pro-forma deals via the Centric system (including price checking).
• Sales order processing including deal progression within the Centric system.
• Purchase order processing including direct order of stock.
• Sense checking goods received versus purchase order versus supplier invoice (purchase invoice matching).
• Supplier/creditor payment run.
• Customer invoicing
• Set and manage expectations through clear communication with our partners, clients and within the Tinder team.
• Must be able to work in what will sometimes be a high-pressure environment while consistently delivering a high-quality service to all.
• Represent the business to the required standard, ensuring that knowledge needs are satisfied.
• Ensure necessary systems, processes and procedures are followed in accordance with company objectives.
• Seek continuous improvement by challenging what can be improved upon and promoting efficiencies.
• Work as part of the Tinder team towards achieving the company objectives.
• Nurture and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, suppliers, customers and other relevant business associates.
• Work within the ethos of the business, subscribing to our core values.
The successful candidate will need the following key skills/attributes;
• 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade 9 to 4/A+ to C, including English Language and Mathematics.
• A general knowledge of IT systems and software in a business environment (including Microsoft Office suite, but especially Excel).
• A basic understanding of general business management and structure.
• A demonstrable understanding of UK GAAP/business accounting.
Any relevant qualifications (IoB, AAT) will be considered a strong advantage, but are not necessary.
If you are looking to grow a fast paced, growing and vibrant business as a key part of our administration team, and have experience working as a bookkeeper / admin assistant then this could be the job for you!