Contracts Manager, Maidstone, £50,000 - £65,000 (doe)
Due to expansion, I am looking to recruit an experienced Contracts Manager based in Maidstone.
* You will be responsible for over seeing the construction of residential development projects ranging for £2 Million to £7 Million
* The value of the projects you will oversee could be up to £10 Million in total
* You will be responsible for managing the Site Managers, the Design Team, Local authority issues, planning issues, as well as assisting were needed the Sub Contractors, Health and Safety and suppliers
* You will have the assistance of Quantity Surveyors and be directly reporting to the Managing Director
* Strong communication skills - for liaising with a wide range of clients, professionals and workers on site
* Leadership skills and an ability to motivate your team to ensure a high standard of work
* Excellent planning and organisational skills - for writing and monitoring project, programmes, plans and schedules and utilising time and resources effectively
* Resilience and problem-solving skills - in order to overcome unexpected challenges during the construction process
* An ability to make decisions under pressure, so that the project can progress
* Strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex contracts
* An awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation - for running a safe construction site
* Sound commercial awareness - to allocate and manage your budget effectively and to understand client concerns
* Numerical and IT skills to manage information and finances during the project
* Wide breadth and depth of construction knowledge and methods
* Acting as the main point of contact for clients, site and project managers
* Assisting with the QS team on Tendering and appointing Sub contractor packages
* Attending site meetings to monitor progress
* Overseeing construction timescales and programmes
* Issuing periodic project reports
* Looking at value engineering on projects
* Keeping projects under budget
* Mitigating cost increases
* Mitigating time loss
* Monitoring and managing the design team
* Working with third parties to ensure that everyone understands their roles and responsibilities
* Making sure construction projects meet agreed technical standards and timescales
* Ensure compliance in respect of health and safety matters
* Managing construction schedules and budgets
* Dealing with any unexpected costs
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of both new build and refurbishment developments.
The role is split between working on site and at their offices in Maidstone and as a result, own transport is essential to travel between their sites in Kent.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now.
If you would appreciate a confidential chat before sending in your CV, please call Rob Pearson at PW Construction Recruitment on 07908802007. All applications are treated with the utmost discretion.