Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Under the direction of the Senior Copywriter, you will be responsible for creating engaging, brand-appropriate copy to strengthen Childrensalon’s identity, broaden awareness and increase engagement amongst our international audiences.
Alongside a team of creative copywriters, and in collaboration with the Social Media Manager, you will take ownership of writing commercially viable and relatable copy for our social platforms, helping to drive the impact of our digital presence through organic and paid-for content. You will also provide support across other areas of copywriting — and already possess day-to-day experience in doing so — to help champion Childrensalon's reputation as a forward-thinking leader and reflect our values of family, creativity, innovation and heritage in their best light at every opportunity.
You will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as this role requires a high level of collaboration with all teams in the marketing department. In addition, you’ll have a proven track record of creating captivating and audience-focused copy for social platforms alongside an exceptional applied knowledge of the English language: grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and proofreading. You will also be able to demonstrate an understanding of how tone should be adapted to suit a variety of content types.
- Create engaging captions that champion the Childrensalon tone of voice and brand values, ensuring that our copy feels authentic and
relatable to our customer.
- Manage the company’s social communities and engage with followers daily across different social media platforms, creating a positive brand
- Use data-driven insights to help personalise content across the entire customer journey, from awareness campaigns to ecommerce copy.
- Work on driving engagement, reach and follower growth.
- Ensure all creative copy is well written, logically structured, grammatically and factually correct.
- Stay on top of relevant social media trends, updates and platform changes, spotting and pitching relevant opportunities for engagement.
- Work closely with the wider marketing teams and the rest of the copy and social teams on campaigns, influencer and event activity, providing
support where necessary.
- Stay up to date with the latest marketing and fashion trends to gain an understanding of the industry.
- Build strong relationships across the digital and marketing teams, as well as external teams such as Merchandising, Buying, Customer
Services and Ecommerce.
- Proven ability in writing, editing and proofreading digital content.
- Social media experience with a focus on children, family and parenting.
- Understanding of traditional social media, current affairs and trends.
- Brilliant eye for creating authentic content and embracing a tone of voice.
- A strong understanding of the childrenswear industry and content that resonates with our Childrensalon customer profiles.
- Understanding of how parents engage online and how to best translate this into commercial content.
- Ability to work well in a team under pressure and respond reactively to deadlines and last-minute changes in direction.
- Excellent work ethic and ability to multitask.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a keen eye for spotting typos and self-editing.
- Strong evidence of effective time management and prioritisation skills.
- Creative thinking and confident in sharing ideas.
- Continuous monitoring and understanding of the luxury fashion industry, global retail environment and ecommerce trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative.
- At least 3–4 years’ experience in a similar role within a fast-paced creative environment.
- Experience working within a luxury retail/ecommerce environment and passion for the childrenswear fashion industry.
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells with some remote working. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.