A well respected publishing company are recruiting for an Editor to join their team. You will work on a business to business magazine, being responsible for the running of the whole magazine editorially.
You will report to the publisher and your main roles will include:
* Taking responsibility, as directed, for the editorial quality and content of the publications, websites and social media presence
* Meeting pre-determined copy deadlines and ensuring that all editorial material is produced to a high standard and that the required information is supplied to the printer at the agreed time
* Assisting in the continuing development of the magazines and the associated websites to serve the business needs of the readerships that they influence
* Writing, sub-editing and commissioning articles
* Conducting interviews with key industry figures
* Liaising with contributors and working with the magazine's editorial board
* Attending and reporting on conferences, exhibitions, press launches and seminars when relevant and appropriate
* Undertaking administration responsibilities, working closely with the publishing team
It is essential that you have previous experience of working as an Editor for a B2B publication, have excellent interpersonal skills and a flair for journalism.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.