About James Villa Holidays
As part of Europe’s largest managed Vacation Rental Company Awaze, we are the leading UK beach villa specialist. We enjoy thriving in a strong growth industry boasting sizable customer demand growth as well as fierce competition from local and global competitors.
We started off as one person who grew his passion for villa holidays from his spare room 35 years ago. From these humble beginning to now, the vacation rental market has gone through huge change and growth, with consumers putting vacation rentals at the top of their holiday consideration list.
To futureproof ourselves in this ever evolving and exciting industry, we are on an ambitious and transformational journey upgrading our technology and processes.
Our team spirit is one of hunger and vision, striving to continually improve what we do and how serve our customers.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, the role of the Marketing Executive will be to support with campaign and content creation, execution and analysis across multiple channels including PR, social media and email. The role will support the Marketing Communications Manager in driving brand awareness, ensuring brand consistency across all areas of the business and delivering on and exceeding the marketing objectives.
The role will work across multiple marketing disciplines including on- and offline media. Responsibilities include:
• To compile weekly / bi-weekly press releases to showcase James Villas offering to the press
• To manage our press office and liaise with the press
• Organise and manage our press trip and influencer trip programs
• To support the Marketing Communications Manager with wider PR campaigns at key times of the year
• Keep social media channels up to date in order to increase brand awareness
• Monitor social media channels and engage with our community of followers
• Produce PR and social media reports to keep the wider team informed
• Support with partnership marketing to introduce James Villas to key markets
• Write weekly email briefs taking into consideration to inspire our audience and meet commercial needs of the business
• Support with copywriting across the website, social media, email and Direct Mail
• Be a brand guardian, taking ownership for the brand across all areas of the business
• Working closely with Digital Marketing Manager, Web Manager, Studio team and other business stakeholders to meet key objectives expected of the marketing team and wider business.
Key skills we need:
We’re a team full of energy and with a passion for what we do, so it’s key that you’re enthusiastic, driven, and keen to be part of a team.
- You’ve worked in a role where content and brand marketing is front and centre for 3+ years.
- Your proficient at both owned and earned social media
- CRM / Email has been part of your career to date.
- You’re a dab hand with messaging and creative development.
- You have a sound knowledge of marketing principles and practice
- You have excellent communication (written and oral English)
- You’re numerate and analytical.
- You’ve worked in a pressurised environment to meet strict deadlines and differing stakeholder expectations
- You have proven ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Equally as important as all the technical “stuff”, we’re looking for someone who is hungry to learn, irrespective of their seniority. We don’t believe in standing still (we work in travel, after all), but instead think that everyone should be learning, all the time. Whether it’s a new analytical tool, an industry event or a mentoring opportunity, we will support you to grow your skillset.
If you’re excited by working in a fast-paced environment, are obsessed by all things customer and want to join us on our journey, we’d love to chat.
What we’ll give you
- This is an opportunity for you to join us at a pivotal point in time as we invest in our future
- You’ll be joining a team of genuine, passionate people
- You’ll have the freedom to decide on the best way of working to get the job done. We work cross-functionally, so you’ll be given opportunities to develop skills outside of your core skillset.
- You’ll be an integral part of a team which will deliver growth, and who doesn’t want that?
We offer a great salary and fantastic benefits; we’re all about holidays, so we practise what we preach and offer some great travel discounts. We offer flexible working hours and remote working, too.
· Live your passion. We are in the business of travel and hospitality and we love it. At Awaze you’ll be able to help create memories of a lifetime for our owners and guests. And for yourself as well!
· We are market leaders. We are proud to be the leading managed vacation rental player in Europe. We operate well-known brands with a strong heritage in over twenty countries and have more than 100,000 holiday accommodation choices.
· We have something for everyone, and everyone has a part to play. Whether you care deeply about service, are interested in business development or want to be at the cutting edge of machine learning, our business covers a range of functions that will keep you challenged and help you grow. We work together as a passionate team to provide an excellent guest and owner experience.
· You can make a difference. Our industry is changing rapidly and the future is all to play for. Being part of AVR means being an integral part of evolving and improving the world of vacation rental.
· We care about the guests, owners and team members that work with us. We are an inclusive organisation that embraces diversity. We are flexible and agile. We are committed to providing a collaborative and inclusive workplace where you can realise your full potential.
· We offer a great range of benefits.
What else do you need to know?
We want to make the application process as stress-free as possible, so typically we’ll have an informal chat with you on the phone, followed by a comprehensive interview over Teams, where you’ll have a chance to find out a bit more about the exciting things we’re doing (and maybe tell us what we’re doing wrong). We want to hear about your favourite (and least favourite) projects, what makes you tick and why. Then, we’d love to show you “our place” so would look to meet you for an informal session in our office.
We believe in equal opportunities and aim to create a team that is representative of our society, knowing that embracing differences enhances the capabilities of our business and makes for a happy place to work.
We are proud to recognise and celebrate that we have a diverse culture where employees are accepted for who they are, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or ability.