Legal Secretary Contract
Recruitment Solutions Folkestone Ltd are now recruiting for an experienced a Legal Secretary for our highly respectable and well know client in East Kent, based in their Ashford Branch.
This position is to support a partner, with a mixed caseload of family and private client work. They will be happy to teach a trainee secretary provided they have completed the CILEx Legal Secretarial Diploma and/or they have had some previous secretarial experience.
Essentials: Secretarial experience, excellent grammar and spelling, touch typing (50 wpm) and IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel).
Salary: Depending on experience
Hours: Mon - Fri 9am to 5pm
Contract: 6 - 12 months
All About the Role!
• Providing full secretarial support to the departmental fee earners, including arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, together with preparation of correspondence and documents by audio typing via the digital dictation system;
• Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner;
• Regular consideration of client files and liaising with partner and fee earners on any action required;
• Maintaining and coordinating diaries and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary.
• Working as a member of the secretarial team; answering incoming calls, greeting visitors to Reception on occasion, collection/delivery of daily incoming/outgoing post and DX, and any other general office administrative duties as required.
• Compliance with the firm’s accounts and administrative disciplines and procedures.
• To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant.
• To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement.
• To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve our client service
• To comply with all the Firm’s relevant policies and procedures
• To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very seriously.
All About YOU!
• Trainee or some secretarial experience gained from a professional services Firm (essential)
• CILEX Legal Secretarial Diploma would be an advantage (desirable)
• Good all round education; both literate and numerate
• Competent in the use of MS Word and Outlook (Professional) gained in a working environment, preferably the legal industry
• Accurate in producing good quality correspondence
• Proficient audio typist (essential)
• Familiar with transcription via Digital Dictation (desirable)
• Familiarity with using a database (desirable)
• Confident and assertive whilst sympathetic and understanding towards clients who may be distressed, whilst remaining professional a tall times
• Ability to balance priorities in order to meet sometimes demanding deadlines.
• Attention to accuracy and detail
• Clean and presentable in appearance