First Response Fire Technician - South East & Midlands
£21000 - £25000 per annum + Company Van
First Response Water Technician - South East / Midlands - £21,000 - £25,000 depend on experience.
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week.
Weekends and overtimes are paid in time and a half.
Van and equipment provided.
Main purpose of the job is to undertake disaster restoration projects after fire events (cleaning and sanitising; as appropriate), ensuring customers receive excellent service whilst managing claims costs and expenses within the scope of the insurance policy
* Effective day to day management of instructions under your control; excellent communications with policyholders and any other relevant individuals
* Working closely with the First Response, Surveying and Claims teams to ensure that all instructions are acted on in a timely manner and in line with any KPI or SLA as required
* Undertaking onsite inspections, Cleaning of fire damaged buildings and contents. Removal of debris.
* To ensure that works are carried out and completed in the shortest period possible and maintained as such until the claim is concluded
* Maintain claim files to a very high standard ensuring that all documents, photographs, and communications are accurately recorded in chronological order for audit, complaints analysis and client review
* Undertaking triage assessments and reporting accordingly.
* Working in a team
* Working within the team to ensure that the claim is progressed efficiently and within the scope of the insurance policy.
* To work whilst maintaining safe working conditions in line with Health & Safety requirements and regardless of location
* To ensure that all company property is kept clean, tidy, and maintained to the correct safety standards
* To wear corporately identified clothing provided as required by the business.
* Preparing reports as required.
* To undertake any training or CPD or as required by the business
* To work on an on call or shift-based rota ensuring business needs are met
* To carry out any other reasonable management instruction.
* Previous experience of working in construction and/or building works ideal but not essential.
* Basic computer knowledge
* Knowledge of the Insurance claims process
* Previous experience within damage restoration
* Asbestos awareness
* Full driving licence with no more than 3 points
* Health and Safety training
Skills & Abilities
* Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed.
* Ability to work within a team and with a wide variety of customers
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
* PC literate with good administrative skills.
* Ability to take direction and to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary.
* Helpfulness and a passion for customer service.
* Driven and enthusiastic - meets or exceeds targets.
* Empathy and understanding.
* Confident and professional attitude.
* Active and energetic.
* Takes ownership of problems and drives for effective solutions.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.