Corgi Development Manager - (Diecast/Mould Tool Experience Essential)
A highly regarded organisation based in East Kent that develops, manufactures and supplies for a global market, offering a collection of truly iconic brands.
The company is looking to recruit a Development Manager for their Corgi Diecast brand to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
The preferred candidate will have significant experience in mould tooling and project management, including design and function, feasibility studies for possible new items, costing and negotiation.
You should be educated to HNC/D level and ideally be apprentice served in a similar industry, although candidates with a relevant degree qualification and experience in a fast-moving development environment will be considered. Knowledge of the company’s product or an interest in diecast vehicles would be a distinct advantage, as would the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
General duties to include:
• Managing the Corgi Development function
• Managing compliance responsibilities in conjunction with the Quality team
• Managing license compliance responsibility in conjunction with the licensing team
• Liaison with suppliers on a regular basis both overseas and UK based
• Collaborative approach to working with the Purchasing team to ensure the right suppliers, and the right prices are agreed
• Continuously enhancing the offer by watching/benchmarking the best in class competitors
• Encouraging the development team to challenge the norms, and enhance our products versus the competition
• Develop projects that lead to IP/Patent registration – enhancing shareholder value
• Vigorous cost review to remove external reliance for range development or artwork development
• Regular liaison with internal partners.
A competitive salary and benefits package on offer depending on experience.
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.