Report & System Support
Salary: - Negotiable DOE
We are looking to fill a Reports and Systems Support role based at our client's brand new open plan offices, situated just outside of Maidstone with plenty of free parking on site. Ideally, we are looking for candidates with System Support experience, who also have advanced Excel skills, good database and SQL skills; who are also skilled in reporting tools.
A successful candidate will be skilled in some kind of report writing tool - ideally SQL, Business Objects or Crystal Reports, and the stronger SQL skills you have, the better. You will need to be able to deal with multiple deadlines at a time, and be able to keep up with a number of shifting priorities as support tickets dictate.
Your job will be split between two main areas. For half your time you will be working with users with reports, understanding their needs and developing solutions to these requirements. For the rest of your time you will be working through the support desk, working with the Systems team to resolve user problems with business systems.
• Report definition, creation and implementation
• Responsible for the reporting environment and report development process
• Daily work on support system to resolve outstanding queries
• Work within systems team to support and document existing and new workflows
• Advocate good BI design and usage within the business
• Actively moving users from data heavy reports to aggregated dashboards
• Some data analysis work
• Active problem-solving
• Minor IT (Office, Windows and mobile device) support
• End-user system support for supply base
• Phone cover one week-end in ten with ad hoc evening support during cover week. Small chance of having to attend site out of hours for emergencies.
• Positive, outgoing and friendly personality
• Excellent communicator
• Highly numerate
• Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
• Logical and systematic
• Ability to interact with any level of staff with confidence and clarity
• Full, clean driving licence
• Ability to work alone, on own initiative or as part of a team as required
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, planning time and priorities
• Willingness to work occasional unsocial hours
All of these technical requirements are nice to have - these skills can all be taught to the right
• Experience of database technologies beneficial - particularly SQL querying
• Report writing (PowerQuery in Excel as an example)
• Data analysis